Skills Ready: The Shift
Support for youth in care: The SHIFT reduces barriers and connects young people from care with the tools
and training needed to be successful on the job site.
Go HERE to learn more
Skills Ready: Learn Safe
LearnSafe’s Safety Talks bring an industry perspective to the classroom. During a one-hour presentation, industry professionals will:
- Share real-life experiences and learnings from the job site
- Discuss the importance of a worker’s right to know, right to participate, right to refuse and right to no discrimination
- Conduct activities that are designed to increase knowing and awareness of workplace safety
- Demonstrate the various levels of personal protective equipment required for various occupations
- Share links to valuable resources, provide materials and engage students in a Q & A session
Students will leave the presentation with an understanding of the importance of safety training and awareness on the job site, and why safety is a critical element in achieving employment.
To learn more go HERE
Skills Ready: Ultimate Skills
Social and Emotional Learning
The over-arching principal of Ultimate is the “Spirit of the Game” which requires and promotes self-awareness, self-management, responsible decision making, relationship skills and social awareness. After each game the players form the Spirit Circle – a ritual that extends the physical and verbal interaction of the game just played to a deeper level of connectivity and relationship. During the Spirit Circle, players identify post-game emotions (self-awareness), link arms with their opponents (self-management), build relationships with the other team (relationship skills), practice perspective taking (social awareness), and reflect on their collective performance and behaviour (responsible decision-making).