- Royal Bay Soccer Academy is a dynamic program currently being offered at the new Royal Bay Secondary School. This program is an exciting opportunity for Royal Bay students to be involved in the exciting culture that this new school promises to provide. The Soccer Academy will be directed by Troy Harris, a Sooke District teacher who has been involved in the local soccer community for the past 35 years.
- Royal Bay Soccer Academy is a program for students who possess enthusiasm for the sport of soccer. It is not a program reserved only for elite players within the sport, but welcomes players of all skill levels who are committed to development both as soccer players and as individuals. There is a significant expectation that the athletes involved are committed to working hard, developing their skills, and have an interest in considerable personal growth.
If you have any questions please review the Soccer website (click on the Soccer title above) or contact Troy Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
- Royal Bay Secondary is thrilled to announce the starting of the RBSS Lacrosse Academy for September 2016.
- Royal Bay Secondary School will be hosting an open house for all interested students and parents on January 27th, 2016 for our academies. It will start at 7:30 in the school theatre. After the meeting parents and students can visit specific academy staff in allocated rooms to receive further information
- Coaching staff, Lucas MacNeil, Jake Ryan, Mike Pires and Karsen Leung will all be in attendance. Royal Bay is very excited about developing a Lacrosse academy starting September 2016.
If you have any questions please review the Lacrosse website (click on the Lacrosse title) or contact Lucas MacNeil, lacrosse teacher/coordinator email@example.com.
- The Academy runs from September to June and is for the dedicated dancer who wants to dance every day. Academy dancers will have the opportunity to work with visiting instructors on a weekly basis, thanks to our successful partnership with Boston Dance Company, attend Dance Victoria performances at the Royal Theatre, participate in local dance festivals such as the Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival and perform in several other events, including our year-end “Evening of Dance”.
- The Royal Bay Dance Academy is a skill development program with an emphasis on both dance technique and performance skills. Royal Bay Dance Academy consists of:
- Junior Dance Academy Grades 9/10 (admission by application)
- Senior Dance Academy Grades 11/12 (admission by application)
**Grade 10 students may be placed in this class upon ability
- To apply, fill out an application available online by visiting the Royal Bay website (click on the title “Dance” above). Applications will be accepted in the New Year. Acceptance into the Academy, for eligible candidates, is on a first come first served basis. Auditions for the Advanced Academy will be in early spring. Space is limited.
For further information visit the website (click on the Dance title) or email: Leanne Harrington, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This three-year program will help students to broaden his/her knowledge base as well as help them to explore potential careers working with horses.
- Horse ownership is not a requirement for the program. We have a working relationship with a local horse stable and training facility where we can offer you a wide range of training and options for those who want to have a horse for riding purposes. In addition if you do own a horse the stable can provide you with a place to stable your horse.
- To apply, fill out an application available online by visiting the SD 62 website (click on the title “Equine” above). Applications will be accepted in the New Year. Acceptance into the Academy, for eligible candidates, is on a first come first served basis.