Women in Trades and Technology Exploration Day
9:30 AM – 2:00 PM, Wednesday February 20, 2019 Camosun College – Interurban Campus
- The event is FREE, and lunch is provided.
- SD62 Transportation provided (8 am EMCS departure and 8:30 am Cineplex Odeon departure for 9:15 am start, and 2:15 departure).
- Students can choose option one (electrical, carp, comp science, & civil engineering) or option two (sheet metal, auto, electronics & mech. engineering) = see attached.
- First apply, first confirmed seat availability. That being said we hope to have 8 seats open per school. After Feb 5th we will open any remaining seats up to any student in SD62 so we can make sure to fill all 32 available seats for the event.
- Soft deadline of Feb 5th, 2019 please.
Please don’t hesitate to touch base if you have any questions, and please note all posters, permission slips, and applications are attached.
Want to really InSPIRE your students?
FREE in School Presentations: Inform! Relate! Excite!
Skills Canada-BC and the South Island Partnership are pleased to offer the InSPIRE/SIP program to teachers from Grade 6 to Grade 10 students in the Sooke School District*
**Presentations begin October 2018 and run through December 2018**
To register: Ben Haber (SIP Transitions Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org (250)812-2606
You can also book at: skillsbc.ca/NewInSPIREReg01.aspx
This program is a unique, in-school presentation that provides teachers and students with a new perspective on skilled trades and technology careers through engaging, fun and thought-provoking activities. These no-cost presentations not only link classroom subjects and students’ passions to skilled trade and technology careers, they also provide useful resources to help with further exploration of career options.
Here is an amazing opportunity for girls in SD#62 who are interested in exploring career options in STEM.
It is a free eMentoring program that pairs girls in high school across Canada with female role models in science, tech, engineering and math careers. They will support the girls with career ideas, mentoring, post secondary life, and more.
Click HERE to get all of the information related to this opportunity.